1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Mar 2, 2008.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Installed a radio in there skid steer? If so how hard was it? And where did you get in from?
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I had the Crapmastercrapper done in my old Bobcrap done my the dealer.

The Cat had a new Panasonic Satellite radio done by a company that does all the radio installs in Cat equipment from Finning.
    There's a factory bracket that self tapping screws hold in place, and since the wiring harness is super easy to get to in the Cat's, hook up was a snap and only cost $600.00 including parts and labour.
  3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

am/fm cd player in my 297C..factory CAT install..
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I have a small am/fm radio like BobCatRons first pic mounted on the front left post of my skid. I have an electric assist antenna. Works great, small and compact. The first radio I had installed was behind like BRons new one.......it blocked my escape route and was a pain to change stations or volumn...can't remember the name of the radio make or antenna type....but I didn't want an antenna that I had to drill through the cab and mount outside, this antenna is about 2"long by 1/4" wide that I velcroed up out of the way.....
  5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I had mine installed before it left the dealer. They installed one kinda like rons old one but it is a different brand. They used to install that brand but they were unreliable and the new one that they installed in my machine works great and I like it. The problem I have with a unit installed behind my head is I like to change the radio station allot and I don't like to have to turn my head around.
  6. cat2

from Mi

This looks like a nice one

7. cat2

from Mi

I wonder if it would be worth putting a radio in, because i don't have the in closed cab. Do you think i'll be able to hear it
  8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it built for earthmoving equipment? The reason I ask is because I helped a buddy install a radio in a Cat 963 and it only lasted about a month. It didn't hold up to all the bouncing and dust. Just a thought. The ones sold at the dealer ship are expensive but they are built to last.
  9. cat2

from Mi

* Detachable face
    * 4 x 45 watts
    * Single line output terminal
    * Pre-amp fader control
    * ESP (Electronic Shock Protection)
    * Positive display
    * Electronic volume control
    * Wired remote ready
    * Volume attenuator
    * Random/repeat play
    * Intro scan

thats what it says about it
  10. Back To Good

Back To Good LawnSite Member

I skipped the radio option when I ordered my new case last week.
    At $450.00 I decided to just use my MP3 player.