Has Exmark gotten rid of the bugs in the Metro 26?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevinsky, Jul 10, 2005.

1. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

I think this machine could replace my 21" mowers, but I've heard there has been problems with it. Thanks!

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Don't know about current production run, but the replacement drive cable that took two weeks to get here even though I was paying for two day air shipping is the exact replacement of the one that broke. Really stupid design, a light duty spring on the end of a cable made so you have to replace the whole cable assembly if the spring breaks. Great design if you are collecting revenues on replacement parts.
    Still no mulch kit but no matter at this point as my last experimental fabrication has eliminated the left side grass trail in heavy grass. Thank you very much Walker manufacturing for your idea on shallow mulching decks.

3. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

No, I am on my third spring/drive cable. The first lasted three weeks the second two and the third is two weeks old.

You paid for shipping on a warranty part I would have told my dealer take the mower back or fix it.

Exmark should give everyone that bought this mower four of the old springs that should last two months until they can get new ones produced. They should also give us a hefty discount if we buy another for our trouble in being their guiney pigs.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

They told me that they ship ground for warranty parts. I agreed to pay for two day but it two weeks to get me the part so I did not pay anything. If I had not used bailing wire to bypass the broken spring I would of been down on this machine for two weeks. I am currently running the bailing wire set up and keeping the new cable as a back up as the bailing wire performs better than the spring.

5. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

You think that is bad I ordered parts for my Toro from the local dealer who is new to me since I just moved to this area and after four weeks of checking once a week I finally said I would like a full refund. He finally checked on the order and it turns out he entered the wrong numbers into the Toro system and the order just got kicked out. Parts should be here today fingers crossed.

Seems like the Snapper dealer down the road is a bit better so I may just sell my Toro on Ebay and get a Snapper Commercial trim mower but I have never used them before so I am wary.

I wish you luck getting this sorted out. I am sure that Exmark will make it right eventually. They have a lot of R&D invested in the 26.