Has Hustler written all over it...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 65hoss, Oct 17, 2003.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, not wrong!

I got my notification from lawn & landscape announcement email yesterday, thought exactly the same thing.

Actually I like the look and sound of this machine and company behind it, should of built it to look different to a major brand though.

I did like the pivoting front axel, Kubota does this too and for the life of me I can't see why the big hitters in this industry don't worry about improving the standard old rigid frame to give us better machines....e.g Ferris developed springs, great, Kubota and Ever ride use pivoting front axels, what improvements has the big 4 brands developed in their last new releases suspension wise?

I like to see companies always working on new developments, not just saying "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

The only thing Ever Ride should of done was to throw a 28 hp or 30 hp engine in the worrier, then I bet they would increase sales.

Tony
    Queensland
    Australia

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmmm......
    It has a Hustler (patended) parking brake...........very nice !!!!
    Also...
    Tonyr,
    You mention Kubota.....if you read the Everride website, you will see Kubota owns 20% of Everride..........

Later
    Pj

4. Tonyr

Sorry mate, didn't take note of that detail, but explains why they continued with the front axel idea...still, I think the pivoting axel is a good idea until I'm shown why it isn't.

I wouldn't choose one over the super z though, can be sure of that, my comments were in no way meant to sound like I was bashing hustler, just saying I like to see technology advancing in each model produced and right now suspension developments make machines "look" more advanced, but the flip side p.j is, hustler has new engines, bigger and better, many others are still messing around with 25hp engines. At the end of the day, engine increase wins for sure for me!

I hate email for the reason folks can type what they believe is friendly comments/comparisons and there is always that chance a reader will interperate things different to how they were intended.

Wish that boat load of new super's would get here:)

Tony
    Queensland
    Australia

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Tonyr,
    I did not think you were bashing our product.....unlike another members post that did and I deleted it.
    I spent a couple of hours today with Christopher Adams......this guy is putting Hustler on the map down there and he is a great guy.
    I think we have some product on the way...

later
    Pj

6. Tonyr

P.j,

Yep, Chris is a nice bloke!

He gave me my demo a couple of months ago, 100% polite, professional, obliging, entertaining, knows his product and abilities and knew how to demo in very trying conditions to show the happy medium between speed and quality which is the true thing we need to see.

He isn't pushy, no b.s, and unlike many dealers around the world does not intimidate you into decisions, and I believe him when he said support will not be a worry.

A good bloke on your team p.j.

SAy G'Day to him for me, Tony from Hervey Bay, he knows me.
    I asked to to try to look you up before he left as I told him about this forum.

Thanks P.J.

Tony.

7. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

I would just like to give my dealings with everride as a dealer.
    The product is a good built product-but it needs polishing.

We became a dealer over this winter and were excited about tring this unit on our Vermont hills.Well excitment went to disappointment. Compared to the the Super z or standard Z it was not even close. Much better than other makes but not as good as Hustlers. It seems to sqwirm on hills. It holds them but you can feel the rear end jocky back in forth.

So we put in the grass. Mows well ands sprays it out fine. Good Quality of cut.
    We sent the unit out on demo- The customer realy liked the unit for 2 ours then he happen to lift the deck to transport with the deck on. Bamm.The belt cut in 2. We picked it thinking it was no big deal. Called my rep.They said that could be a problem it some causes. Dont mow in trans port they said. I find that not acceptable. So I was contacted and said there was a kit tohelp this problem. Well- I am still waiting in July. ( This all happen In May). I have a Machine I cant sell. At this piont very disappointed with the Dealer Support. I know errors happen but this seems to be to the extreme.

Besides this it a good quality unit. Not a Hustler Or the support Team!!!

Thanks lambert

8. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Hey wait....if Hustler patented the brake, how can they get away with doing it? Unless they aren't enforcing it.

gps_jetskier

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do have the patent on the parking brake, and we do enforce it.
    Hustler gets taken care of in regards to any other mower mfg using this parking brake configuration.

Pj