1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Has JD got there 800 series fixed..........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatmatt, Aug 5, 2008.

1. bobcatmatt

bobcatmatt LawnSite Member

Well after reading the mega post on the sluggish JD I'm glad I haven't handed over the check yet. Does anyone have anything concrete that JD has fixed there problems. What should i be asking my JD dealer tomorrow?

Thanks
    Matt

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

No, I don't think so. It's going to take more than a band-aid for this one. And even if they do fix it how are you going to know if it's dependable until you have some in the field a couple of years. I would want to see some 2,000+ hrs machines that were basically trouble free like most manufacturers and that's going to take a while. I would take a wait and see approach. In all the years on Lawnsite I have never seen a piece of equipment plagued with so many problems and I was getting to like the Deere ZTR's (700 series). To be honest I would be just as cautious with the new Exmark design if it emerges, I like to have a proven design if I'm going to invest my money. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not anti Deere, I think they were on the right track with the 757's etc.