Has old employees ever come back to rob you?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by readycutlawncare, May 29, 2010.

1. readycutlawncare

readycutlawncare LawnSite Member

we never operate on Staurday but today i decide to go in to make up a few account i missed during the week. i get to our storage unit and the bottom of the door is pushed in. we fix the door and get open to find out a blower two trimmers, chain saw and hl 100 hedge trimmers are gone. i get he owner of the storage to pull up the video and one guy broke in a got me for these items. he did not look around, he got in the storage facility and came right to my unit which leads me to believe he know me and what i had in there. so i figure only a past employee would know this. Has this ever happened to anyone of you guys before?

2. well not yet.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

not to me either, but it may not be an ex employee but a fellow renter who has seen you coming and going... is the storage gated? if so have the company see who has come and gone... during those times...Id be really pissed that it was so easy to get into the locked storage unit. call your insurance company and let them fight it out with the storage yard...also call the police and give em the serial numbers. in case they pawn it..

4. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I burry all my ex employees in the everglades!:laugh:

5. readycutlawncare

readycutlawncare LawnSite Member

well i have done all mentioned above. we have the guy on video, but its not clear, he broke in at 4:45am this morning wearing a black hood. we gave the sheriff all the model and serial numbers, and ccbi came to dust for finger prints. the storage is gated, he cut the barb wire and climbed on to the top of the units and jumped down. he went str8t to our unit and knocked the bottom of the door off the track and crawled underneath the small space he made and the pulled the couple of pieces of equipment through the space and then carried a hand full of stuff back out and he dropped a chainsaw and bvroke the handle off and the police found that handle so hopefully they can get his prints if he was not wearing gloves, i have state farm and my agent is out of the office until tuesday so i have to wait till then to see what they are going to do.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

it has never happened to me but when i worked for another outfit, a former employee of that outfit stole roughly 100 gallons of gas out of the gas tanks he had over a holiday weekend.

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

That is a good way to get shot!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

not to me but a company i work for it did the equipment end up at the pawn shop and and the pawn had his name and it was exworker

9. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

If you happen to did up some Team Metro employees, just find another place to dig........

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Im suprised the cops dusted for prints around you. Its hard to even get them to help you with anything around here. Its hide and seek for a grand a week with a bunch of bareny fifes. They really are morons. Good thing you are insured and cops in your area will help you.