has this been a thing??????

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jonesy5149, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

OK let talk about this before i go and murder some one...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

ok so i went to a golf course and build on a 3500 sf patio and a walk and they need 250+/- yard of gravel.. so i go and have them sign a contract with me for the job and start to lay it out and get my grades.
    Im a day into this job and the owner flys in and says we will not be need your company any more and ill pay for your time you have invested right now..........:confused:
    I go back two days later to give him a final bill and pick up my skid-steer, there it is another company in there doing the job i was and using the grades i shot and the fill marks i have put on them..............

ohhhhhhhhhh boy was i mad.....:nono::nono:
    has this happen to any of you????

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

hmmm.....sure would be a real shame if grass seed somehow found it's way into their pile of bedding sand.........

3. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

how good is your contract???

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

woops, the jack ass found a way lower price at the last minute. Charge him a good chunk for the few hours you have in!

5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

You are entitled to the entire amount he contracted for send him a bill and sue him.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DVS Hardscaper

Was there any type of contention between you and your client?

Did the guy provide any explanation at all?

Posted via Mobile Device

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Round up ballons in the grass of the golf course usually do the trick.

8. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you hardscape guys put a clause in the contract where if they decide to cancel half way, they pay a fee of X number of dollars?

9. DVS Hardscaper

In Md, for residential contracts the homeowner has 3 business days to back out after signing. After that, they're bound to the contractor.

Posted via Mobile Device

10. JoeyDipetro

JoeyDipetro LawnSite Member
    from CA

We have a similar law here, but the "buyer" has to have been provided a "right to cancel" notice at the time of the contract signing.