Hat thread

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chefj, Aug 2, 2014.

1. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

Outside of the normal logoed baseball hats, what do you guys like to wear in the beating sun?
    I'm 36 and when I was 27 had a bout with basal cell carcinoma on my face. I'm just looking for some decent uva/uvb protection.
    Thanks.

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Tilley hats, They are expensive are washable and if you loose them or wear them out the company will replace them one time. I have four of them.

3. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Tilley hat too. They are awesome with the vents in the top your head doesn't get sweaty and they keep a lot of the sun off your face. Just the downside is if I'm wearing my 3m work tunes headphones the top band and antenna tend to push the hat up and falls off me sometimes.

4. chefj

That's what I've been reading. Where is the best place to find one? I see that REI carries them, I'm just uncertain of what styles they may carry in store.

5. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there any outdoor stores near you? I got my hat at a local outdoor shop.

6. chefj

I live near a bass pro shop and I think there is a gander mountain somewhere. Atlanta metro area. I'll check it out

7. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I stumbled across a nice under armour hat mis-labeled at academy for $9. Bought it and love it. Prob not the best but for the price couldnt pass it up. Also use an enduracool, to cover my neck. That thing is awesome.

8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

aussie brim hat

9. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

10. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Jungle Boonie Hat from the Army surplus store, cheap ($7ea), dries fast and is easy to clean and durable.