Hat thread

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chefj, Aug 2, 2014.

1. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Another Tilley hat user here. I've had my first one 10 years now. I bought a bigger Tilley to fit over my headphones so now I mostly wear that one.

2. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

I purchase a Sun Day hat, it has the flap in the back to protect my neck, and is very light. It was 35 bucks, so hopefully it will last a couple of years. Not quite the 79 that the tilley hats were.

3. CMassey

CMassey LawnSite Member

I wear a Columbia boonie hat. SPF 50 and vented in the top. It will run you about 30 bucks, but I have had mine for years. Also it is washable.

4. I have a Field and Stream large brim with neck cover I got for $9 @ Ross. Does the trick and should get another year out of it. won't drop 80 on a hat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

E4HATS.COM for classic jungle boonie hat in SPF50 protection.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. StratsRock

StratsRock LawnSite Member

This is what I wear. I've been getting mine from Amazon lately. I have 5 of them to launder and switch out. Very light weight and the sides snap up for ear muffs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Pith helmet. Like zoo keepers and mail carriers wear. I bought 3 from gemplers. Tan green and orange. I think they were 20 bucks a piece
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Adding Tinosorb to your laundry increases the uv protection significantly and lasts for 20 cycles. Skin cancer is no joke. I see old folks here with missing ears and noses from it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

personally after reading past 20 years on nutrition / natural healing methods i believe we wouldnt get skin cancer if we were eating a natural unproccessed whole plant food diet straight from earth . its all the proccessed / canned / bottled / chemically preserved trash were ingesting thats leading to cancerous prone cells . including sugar and oils , though oils more so a cardio system issue (builds up and solidifies). where as you build your cells of the proper whole , mostly raw , plant foods and water theyre too vital to be over come by disease / cancer . we of this modern day society are eating like a bunch of idiots , common sense at an all time low . people prodded into eating junk by the brain washing device the tvs been turned into , SHUT IT OFF ! if not for your sake the sake of your kids !!

10. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member