1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hate to hear of a good friend getting ripped off!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metro-hp_48, Apr 15, 2004.

1. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Close friend called today, and said someone stole his trailer/mowers/ air compressor, Shinds. trimmers, ect.

I had sold him the 36" Deere years ago, and he was going to try to start his own business this year. Real good dude, ALWAYS tries to do the right thing. (he deff. doesn't need the bad luck)

Guess I need to sell him my Metro HP / Jungle Wheels.............and re-up to a hydro....or a Hustler Super Walkbehind. (for not much more than a Turf Tracer, I can get a Lazer)

Remember to keep a real good eye on your equipment...and your neighboro's too!......... (I owned the Deere for atleast 7 years, so I'll deff. know it, if I see it running around) Will deff. be on the look out.
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about that, I have a friend in the Home Improvement business, had his trailer broken into, they wiped him out completley and he is also a great guy who definitely did not deserve this, it's sad that people have to resort to stealing and having no remorse for their actions.
  3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to hear that. My neighbor had some crooks break into his garage and ripped off all of his tools/saws/ANYTHING. It was only like 800 bucks but that still sucks. I am getting an enclosed trailer and park it right outside the house. Hope it helps

4. metro-hp_48

from TN

Yep. And no doubt a crackhead stole it, in his case atleast.
    (Always try to help him out. He has been raising his son alone for 8 years, since the "mama" abandoned them both one night. (baby boy was about 1 year old.....my friend was working 3rd shift at the time.... (she turned crackhead)
    He's what I would call a real man. (would hate to sell my mower, but have to help him out) Been letting him slide on the rent for awhile (plus I only charge him 200 a month) but better him and his son be there, than it set empty, and get vandalized, pipes freeze, ect)
    Really feel for him (never had any kids, so really have no idea the burden he's had to bear)
    My definition Real man.

He was just telling me of a enclosed trailer his brother has for sale.....think 600.00) Have been needing one for mine for years.
    Nice to have them out of the weather.
  5. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

well a friend of mine had his enclosed trailer broken into. They used bolt cutters to get in and then they took his generator. it was bolted to the floor too.
  6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Insurance is key always have it, always.
  7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

A few weeks ago someone cut the locks on our enclosed trailer and "borrowed" it long enough to take $16K worth of equipment off of it and then left the trailer in the country.
  8. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

Its really messed up for this to happen to someone, Did he bother to have the police question his "babymomma"
  9. metro-hp_48

from TN

He deff. has tried to contact her. (and his crackhead brother)
    Last I heard he was going to talk to a detective) I guess I give the police credit.....atleast they did arrive 15 mins. after he called them. Said he stayed and talked to him for an hour.
    Wish he would come by......... need to hook him up with this Metro HP.........and upgrade to a hydro.
  10. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Just today IN the Nashville area, I was mowing my parents next door neighbors yard. Someone in a late 90's model Ranger extcab, bronze color, was scopeing out my rig! My Dad watched him from inside and went to get his bioculars, he split before he could see the licsense

If these a**holes want your stuff, somehow they will get it.

If you guys have some good deterants please share them.
    My trailer is sitting outside with 4 locks scattered on it. But i'm still parnoid.