Hats off to my Scag dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C4chris70, May 30, 2008.

1. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been having trouble with blow out on my new Tiger Cub with the velocity deck. I tried different blades, changing the baffles, but nothing worked. My dealer contacted Scag, who immediately sent a set of sand blades for me to try at no cost. These blades made all the difference in the world. Hats off to Benders Lawn and Power and Florida Outdoor for great customer service.
  2. rwnail

rwnail LawnSite Member

I have the same mower, what blades were they
  3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

gotta love your dealers, that said i wish we had a good scag dealer around here. i loved the 2 i had, but the dealer is a jack***

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL,thumbs up on your dealer mine are jackazz too,heck i am calling down south out of state to a top scag dealer that goes out of there way to earn my business.........
  5. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

The blades are a low lift called a sand blade. I will try to find a part number for you.
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

7. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag service "Simply the Best" there is .
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

they were able to get me a part for my great dane I had at one time. I couldnt get it from any great dane dealer, but they matched the number and got it.
  9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

This is a good subject! Good dealers are hard to come buy, Why? luckily mine I have now is great! I had a blown head gasket on a 25 kohler and call him up and he said "I know you are busy and need it so bring it in on the next rainy day" I said will I do more damage and he said,"If you blow it we will replace it"
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks.....that blow out is really a big deal in some situations, I certainly going to try this. I resorted to running irrigation the day of mowing on some large properties to reduce the dust.