Hats off to norther LCOs (Penna. in particular)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gr grass n Hi tides, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Yesterday I got back from a long weekend in Pennsylvania visiting family. All I can say is hats off to the Pennsylvania LCOs. I don't know how you guys do it. I saw all kinds of steep, steep grades, extremely sharp angles, humps..............whatever. Some dog gone great looking stripes up that way too. I saw one property, the hillside looked like a volcano & it was perfectly striped top to bottom. Great work. I saw lots of great work. You guys are definitely earning your money. I understand you guys have had a really wet spring.

This was western Penna, heading up through Delmont toward Washington, Apollo, New Kensington, etc.

Just wanted to say great job on that terrain. Blew my mind. Wish I had some pics.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

HeHe,And you thought we were just a bunch of bumkins!
    So far the weather has been really cooperative on the eastern side and it has been a really good season.
    Hope you enjoyed your trip shawn.

3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Shite! Dave I forgot you were from PA. Dang buddy, you guys definitely have to earn you pay. Cripes. After we got off into some neighborhoods & what not I was thinking to myself - okay about 30% of the lawns here I'd even want to bid on!!!!!! I'd have my stuff rolled into ditches, ravines, whatever. I'm sure. I'll bet that happens up there a lot. I did see one guy just struggling mightily up a steep wet hill........tire ruts all over the place. I was feelin for the guy.

Yeah, great trip too. Thanks for asking Dave. Kids got to see gram & pap.......me too. It was great. My 9 yo schooled us at the lake fishing. Just schooled us. This was at North Moreland Lake, the small one which isn't stocked with trout.

Oh........and what's up with those temps!!??? 48 at night, 68 during the day. It felt great.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep I'm loving this weather,It's like an extended spring.
    Hills we've got,I'll try to get some pics to show you of some of the properties we've picked up in 2 new developments.Mostly 1-3 acres with anything from nice easy slopes to a couple of homes that get your ticker ticking from time to time. It's good work though with mostly really good people.

5. Gr grass n Hi tides

Yeah.........cool get some pics up if you've got time. I know sometimes photos don't do the situation justice, but having been up there checking it out I can use my imagination to fill in. Glad to hear you're having a good year. Enjoy those cool temps while they last!