Hats off to perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I have to share this with you all.
    I think it is only fair.
    I have made alot of noise about my experience with my pg lately.
    Well, I got an e-mail from Tom at PG and he told me to ship the machine to him asap and that he and Pat will personally go through it and put it in order.
    Then he will ship it back. ALL ON HIS TAB!

I guess once the "boss" heard what was being said out here he needed to get involved.

I havent been able to ship it yet because my shed is still under snow but I will keep you posted.
  2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Same thing happened to me, PG sent a truck to pick-up both of my machines. They may not be able to correct some of the design problems on the older models but they do seem to be commited to improving customer service.
  3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Tom e-mailed me with an extended hand to help repair my machine to ready to sell, (bought a new z-max), for that I say thanks and it keeps the door open for purchase's in the future.
  4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Tom did the same for me. I got my machine back about 2 weeks ago. Can't wait for the snow to go away to put it back in the field.
  5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Did they pick up the machine or did you ship it and how?
  6. lawnpro1

lawnpro1 LawnSite Member

Well, I'am glad yall guys are getting a response from PG. I have a ultra a year old. Been fairly pleased with the machine. But, have had a problem with the spreader slide plate sticking and not opening correctly. Called PG several times and was told they have never heard of this problem before. I know for a fact several other guys have had the same problem and that they are aware of that. I get no response when I call and they have yet answered my E-Mails. Maybe things are changing. I hope so. Still waiting on the phone to ring.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

if the slide plate is sticking sounds like its dirty or needs a little wd 40
    i clean mine every day and a little shot of wd 40 on the plate and controls
    not problems and it sees lots of use
    hope this helps
  8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I dropped my machine at LESCO, where I bought it, and PG picked it up and delivered it back. Lesco put it on a pallet and loaded it for me. I was completely hands off. It was a painless procedure.

Like you I was very vocal about the problems that I was having and they indeed did step up. If you check my past posts I too felt I needed to say they backed thier machine 100%