Hats Off

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by StBalor, Jul 19, 2006.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

My hats off to you guys who live in areas where it is always hot and 100 degree temps are the norm. It got to 103 here on monday, I lasted about 4 hours. 100 on tuesday, i lasted 4 hours, both days high humidity. busted ass today worked 8.5 hours and just about caught up. Figure tomorrow 9 hours and i will be.
    Don't think i could handle a week + of those temps.
  2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I lasted today until noon, it was in the high nineties with high humidity. Said on radio it felt like 109. My azz was dragging big time I had sweated so bad by dinner and fortunately was finished for the day. Got the 4 Wensday yards done and that was it for the day.
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

you should move here, it gets even better with time :)
  5. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

you southern guys earn your money...i wouldn't work in that heat.we had about a week of 90 degree temps with high humidity and it WASN'T FUN:cry:
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It got hot around here but I have always worked outside and am somewhat used to the heat and humidity.
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I called it a day @ 1pm, I fixed my water jug with ice this am and then left it on the kitchen counter. 5 hours with no water and I had enough, came home cooled off and went back to work close to home and now a thunderstorm ran me out. It has been hot with little humidity this week here thank goodness. I cant imagine 95 plus and high humidity.

8. think about all the men and women overseas fighting for us and all the gear they have to wear, now it doesn't seem so hot here.
  9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

110 here today. gets hotter every day.
  10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Come on down here and get the full experience kimosavee. I would take 100 degree heat anyday as long as the humidity was low but down here we usually get mid to high nineties with very high humidity. Takes some stamina.