1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rookie03, May 6, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

What kind of hat does everyone wear? I just wear the typical baseball cap. Does anyone wear the big brim hats? Are they any better at keeping the sun off your face? Post Pics if you have them!
  2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I used to wear just a baseball cap but last year switched to a big brimed hat. It made a world of difference. The baseball cap didn't allow air to flow over my head but the other did and kept me cooler. It also helps with the sun off the back of my neck.
  3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I like a full brim wicker hat. Everyone makes fun of me and calls me gringo, but it's like having your own personal shade tree that follows you where ever you go. Really helps out on those hot sunny days.
  4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

a Number 8 dale jr. bud hat. Just normal baseball cap style.
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Started w/baseball caps. Went to the full brims. Much better.
  6. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

Baseball style hat but, I prefer the brim hat. Only problem is I wear ear muffs and I can't wear them and a brim hat.
  7. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

Florida gators baseball cap
  8. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Notre Dame baseball cap, where it backwards to keep sun off my neck which usually burns worse than my face. Plus I wear worktunes earmuffs so I wouldn't be able to wear a brim hat.
  9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a desert camo bdu boonie cap. It has a 360 degree rim to help keep sun off face & neck. Also has a draw string for those WINDY days.

10. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I want a brim hat but I didn't think about not being able to wear my Peltors. Guess I won't be getting one after all.