Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Little o, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Little o

Little o LawnSite Member

What does everyone wear to cover their heads? I'm concerned that I'm gonna look like a prune when I'm 60. Any special sources for a wide brim, comfortable hat?

I'm not in business yet, but strangely but true, it pops into my head.
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Lots of folks here seem to like the Tilley brand hat..and they ain't cheap.. I just use a cheap "boonie" (think like Gilligan's hat) hats, they work for me.
  3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

Ive started using small towels, it keeps all the sweat soaked up and the over hang keeps my neck from getting sun burned everyday. I'm worried about skin Cancer so this helps . I use the small towels like others wear bandannas. I know it makes me look like a dam Arib camel jocky but they do know how to survive in the hot sun.
  5. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere baseball hat
  6. Little o

Little o LawnSite Member

Thanks for the Tilley link. Now that's a commercial hat collection, you weren't kidding when you said it wasn't cheap. But it's a small price to pay when I get older. Between that, sunscreen and maybe loose fitting long sleeve cottor shirts I've done the best I can do for the career choosen.

This site is great, thanks guys

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i'm sorry. those tilley hats look rediculous. give it back to the crocodile hunter and give me my gilligan or yankee cap..
    i also have a gilligan hat with a yankee emblem on it, got it in the parking lot of yankee stadium.
  8. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

I wear the big straw hats they sell at K-mart, low price, plenty of protection and even a chin strap to keep it from blowing off your head....
  9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a Mexican string trimming with a giant sombrero a few weeks ago, just about laughed myself off the mower. Must have weighed 25 lbs, I wonder if his boss knew. I wear regular baseball caps, www.stihlusa.com
  10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol, I actually had a mexican fellow who worked for me about 4 years ago that used to wear a sombrero to work every day.

My clients sure got a kick out of it! :D