Hauling Skid Steer attachments

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jtw1987, Mar 24, 2013.

1. jtw1987

jtw1987 LawnSite Member

How do you haul skid steer + attachments to sites? Sometimes I have jobs that I will be using multiple attachments (4in1, forks, grapple, harley rake, auger, trencher) Its difficult to haul everything without making mulitiple trips or driving 2 trucks which gets expensive. Has anyone ever fabricated a trailer that makes it possible to carry multiple attachments? Maybe some sort of rack system?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

When I need a lot of different attachments, I have a 31' gooseneck that I will pull to a job. Normally I put additional attachments on the flatbed of my 5500, usually between that and the trailer that is pulling the skid steer I have enough room for attachments.

3. jtw1987

jtw1987 LawnSite Member

I would like to have a gooseneck and have looked in to buying one. I do put attachments on the flatbed as well but everything seems to always seems to get cluttered. I was wondering if anyone has made a trailer similar to what is used for dingos and boxers but on a larger scale

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I need my trailer for to many other things to be cutting it up and making it dedicated to just hold attachments..

But if you get a gooseneck, put a deck up on the neck of the trailer. Just watch what you put up there height wise. Also if I am taking my grapple and bucket I'll put the bucket inside of the grapple.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I'm making a rack to put the forks on the side of the trailer. Now they just ride in the bucket. I've seen pics online of a rack that stacks buckets on the front of the trailer. That or just put it in the truck bed. Thats what i did with my excavator attachment before i sold it
    Posted via Mobile Device