Haullmark vs. Wells Cargo

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ej Landscaping, Feb 17, 2004.

1. ej Landscaping

ej Landscaping LawnSite Member

We are planning to upgrade to an enclosed trailer. Which do you guys perfer, haulmark or wells cargo...and why?

Thanks for the input
  2. ej Landscaping

ej Landscaping LawnSite Member

sorry guys i need to be more specific. 5x10 is what we are looking at. i just want to know if anyone perfers one to the other
    thanks again
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a wells cargo concession trailer thats 16x8 feet. I've never had any problems with it. I think it is personal prefrence though more then anything. They are both good brands.
  4. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

No comparison - Wells Cargo. Just sold a 7x16 with landscape package. Look at the materials, design, and craftmanship; The WC blows them away.
  5. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Have you looked at H&H trailers, they seem to be the best built, plus they have no seams on the outside covering, looks alot nicer, and you cant beat the smooth look.
  6. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Wells Cargo and wouldn't get any other brand. It's 5 years old and has travelled from New York to Florida over 100 times. The quality is unsurpassed in my opinion.
  7. Katwalk

Katwalk LawnSite Member

EJ....5x10......why so small. We currently have a 7x16 wells cargo and love it. I wish that we got an 18 or 20 footer because we could put some additional gear. I drove to their plant in Carbondale Pennsylvania to pick up the trailer I ordered. I got there and did some paperwork. They took me for a tour of their first class facility and brought my trailer out to my truck. The trailer wiring did not match my truck wiring. The gm or the plant drove me to a Napa store to get the proper wiring harness and had himself and another guy working on my truck for close to an hour to get me on the road back to Mass. I tried to tip him $50 for the help and they were almost insulted that I would offer that. I told they that in Mass. I would have been told tough luck on the wiring buddy.....see ya later. With a 3/4 ton GMC the empty trailer towed at 75-80 mph like a dream. The tandem axles are independent and with the fully loaded trailer make the ride soft and easy. I say wells cargo all the way and don't go that small...you will be disappointed if you buy the 5x10. Good luck.
  8. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I vote for WC also. Last Nov. I bought a 7' x 14' tandem after looking at Haul, Pace Am. and H&H. You can get a WC with smooth sides also.
    The quality of materials, fit & finish and overall design were better with the WC.
    After using the trailer for about a month now I still feel the WC was the best choice. Very solid trailer.
    Just my .02.:cool2:
  9. mowinmoney

mowinmoney LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

No Question...Wells Cargo. I was at the Elkhart Factory about a month ago. They have the best built product on the market. Spend the extra money for the quality.
  10. VMAX

VMAX LawnSite Member

haulmark trailers are known for their race car style trailers,i have friend that works there.those guys get paid on rate for each trailer they build.so its a rush build.faster they build the trailers, the sooner they go home.