Haulmark VS Continental Cargo?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mountaineer, Mar 10, 2007.

1. mountaineer

mountaineer LawnSite Member
    from WA

I'm looking at 6'x14' trailers and am down to either Continental Cargo(with Northwest package) or Haulmark (Haulmark transport dlx).

Haulmark is about $700 less, but is basically lacking the floor vents and all but the front stonegaurds.

My main issue with Continental is the inside walls are wood, I can imagine them getting damaged in no time.

Not sure which would be a better buy. I really know little bout CC, haven't noticed any around. Any suggestions?

Any idea how good 'floor through vents' are?

2. Pioneer01

Pioneer01 LawnSite Member
    from Denver

I have a CC with the wood walls and don't have any holes yet, the key is to make sure everthing is tied down good. That trailer is one big heavy SOB and built like a tank... with fuel prices the way they are I bought a little 6X12 open that I can do all my residential customers out of and drag out the 24 footer when I do the large jobs.

3. mountaineer

from WA

Yeah the 24' is a whole different trailer than this one. Any one else have a CC?

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

CC here. No problems. Paint the walls and floors, and prolockers. Done.

5. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Aren't all inside walls wood?

There are so many different models of individual trailers it is tough to say which one is a better trailer. Both Haulmark and CC make different level quality trailers.

I would look at the overall construction of the trailer and compare the two to see which one might be a better built trailer.

DuallyVette likes this.
  6. mountaineer

from WA

The Haulmarks I've seen have lauan lined walls. Admittedly I don't know what lauan is, but it is quite hard. Will look it up. Seemed like a good protective material.

7. mountaineer

from WA

Lauan seems be Phillipine mahogany. Looked more to me like an arborite.

8. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought luan was a woody material. It seems very flimsy as compared to plywood.

9. kardar2

kardar2 LawnSite Member

Went to see the cc dealer in my area he quoted me $7200.00 for 16 x 8.5 with 3 doors. 2 up front with ramp on driver side for my 30in mower and a walk in door on passenger side can't wait to get it. I am also getting the "v" nose and metal tracks running horizontal to hang stuff. I figure I would have to spend the money on racks might as well order them already installed right?

10. spikes_mn

spikes_mn LawnSite Member

We've found going with the best value meaning getting the most of what you want for the least amount of $ while still considering quality and the dealer that treats you best over time is the way to go. Most manufacturers are going to be offering the same quality product with the features being the only difference.