have a 60 Z KUBOTA (WHAT SIZE W/B WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMEND

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bedbug, Nov 20, 2006.

1. bedbug

bedbug LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

i also have a snapper48 z /would you trade the 48z for w/b if so what size w/b

2. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

BB, I would not recommend a walk behind. Unless you are talking a 21 inch. Then get a Toro or a Honda. The reason I say this is I think large walk behinds have seen their day. You can get a small Z or a stander to go with your "big" Z and be much more better off. The cost on "Estate" model Z's is as low as or lower, and will do what most walk behinds will do and then some. We just ended our six season and never have had a walk behind and do not plan on one at this time. PR

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

IT all depends on yoru customer base. I have a 54" 727 Deere Z and a 36" Exmark Walk behind. I use the walk behind to get into back gates that i cannot get the Z into. I also have a 22" Push Mower that maybe gets used 2-4 times a month, just because I cannot get the 36" in a couple of gates. I do have about 6 customers that I use the 36" WB on a regular basis.

So, I would suggest a 36" WB Hydro with a Sulkie.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats my point, and I disagree. The small Z's and standers they make now will do what a walk behind will. It may depend on if you prefer to stand, walk or sit, wile mowing. Or maybe the size of your trailer. But I see no properties that only a walk behind would be suited for. PR