Have a FLYER-Where do I put them?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by XOFMOT, Jun 17, 2001.

1. In some areas it may be illegal to put a flier or door hanger any where at a residence

In some areas it may be illegal to put a flier or door hanger any where at a residence

You will have to check at the post office to find out where you will be able to put them

I worked for a sealing Co. once and we put door hangers up on doors in an area
    The next thing we knew the post office sent us a bill for each house in the town no matter if we put one there

$2600 for postage

So my example shows you had better know your laws with the post office

LGF:blob1:

2. charlesw

charlesw LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried postcards?

I'm making up some postcards to distribute instead of those standard boring flyers. 5000 color postcards will cost about $400, but I'm sure I can get a better deal by shopping around. I'll be able to place then on doors, or use them for bulk mailing.

LGF:
    Sounds like they wanted to make some extra cash at your expense. I don't see how they could charge you for postage when they didn't provide a service. :mad:

MATTHEW:
    I like your idea of including the price with the flyer. :) Weeds out the clients.
    Also noticed your from Canton, that's my home town of 20 years.:jester:

3. Well Charles W

It is against the law to put any thing on a mailbox
    And in the town that that was in it’s against city ordinance to solicited biz in the town and the post office love that
    They don’t give any leeway on it either

LGF:blob1:

4. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

thanks for the bagmart site, i'm ordering soon.

thanks again, keith