Have a planting question?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ofishil, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

do somebody make a drill bit sorta thing that can go on a cordless drill to dig out around 3" deep by 3" wide?

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

A shovel?

kc

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, I have one that I used to plant hundreds of bulbs last year at some of my commercial sites. Attaches right to the cordless ryobi, Looks like a really small auger bit. drop the bulb in and just push the soil right back into the hole.

Found it at home cheapo for a few bucks.

5. bnl

bnl LawnSite Member

They actually have them at Lowes around here. They certainly are not the Highest quality and may not be as strong as those posted in the links above, but they are inexpensive and I have used them numerous times for bulb planting. They work fine. Look in your Lowes Store near the Rakes and Shovels. I think they are about $9.

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

God what has become of us?wHATSA MATA WITH A GOOD SHARP AMERICAN STEEL SHOVEL???

7. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

we have a 6 inch bit that we use on a echo gas powered drill. It works great for one gallons and bulbs. Don't even have to charge the battery.

8. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

go to your local garden center they have good quality ones

10. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Efficiency. I have one and like somebody else mentioned I use it to plant bulbs, you would be amazed at the sheer volume of bulbs this tool allows you to get done. Consistent holes for bulbs over and over again, very fast but be sure you have a high voltage cordless drill, lower voltage/cheaper ones will not auger the bit through the soil.