Have a problem with one of the front caster wheels...

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jon99, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

New mower, less than 20 hours on it, and one of the front caster wheels barely turns.. Tried to grease it, but it wouldn't take any... Any suggestions????

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Jon99,

Thanks for the post. Is this a walk-behind or rider? What is the serial number of this mower? Let me know when you get a chance, and we'll work from there.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. Jon99

I am in my office now, mower is out at the shop 15 minutes away, so not sure about the number... Its a 2002 36" Turf Tracer, ECS, 15 Kawi...

Thanks

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jon99,

If the wheel is not turning, that could be because of a lack of lubrication or maybe it was overtightened. I'm not sure that it is possible to overtighten the wheel, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

If it wouldn't take grease, it could be that the grease fitting was just painted over. I usually just tell the guys to remove the zerk and try to shoot some grease through it. If it doesn't go through the fitting, the zerk is plugged. Let me know what you find out.

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

5. Jon99

The fitting was clogged, replaced it and its still not taking grease.. Thats pretty much where my mechanical skills end.. :)