Have a question about exmarks EZCHUTE mulch flapper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tkr76, Mar 8, 2003.

1. tkr76

tkr76 LawnSite Member

Hello everybody. I am new to the lawnsite and have a question.

I stopped at the Exmark dealer today and noticed Exmark sells a mulch flapper attachment they call the EZCHUTE for there walkbehind mowers that can be opened and closed with a handle on the controls panel. The boy working said you flip it down when your mowing around flower beds and drive ways to keep grass from flying into them. Then you flip it back up after you pass such things to let the grass fly out.

Aside from the fancy sticker that wouldn’t last a day on my mower it looked like it was pretty durable. It worked real smooth to.

My question is how many of you use this and does it really work and is it worth the money.
    Thank You.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

tkr76
    WELCOME to LAWNSITE!!
    Can you Post a picture??
    John.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Did it look like this ???
    [​IMG]

Later
    Pj

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

PJ don't think thats the one he meant... it's for a w/b and controlled from the control panel. They must have stolen my cable idea :angry: :angry: :angry: and I was going to sell the idea to them... they actually replied to my email, after a few months of waiting, gee they must have already seen the idea and took it then emailed, pretending not to know about it.... guess what I'm not eXmark's future potential customer anymore!!! I'm not gonna reply to the email even...

It's not on their website yet but some other new accessories are.
    I'd like to see the pic too.
    Here's the original cable controlled OCDC for w/b's that I created:

mar08#57.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Yes John I painted baby today :) :D :cool: :blob4: :angel:
    I'll go alittle off topic and post the other side just for John..

mar08#58.jpg

6. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

BHB,

That cable thing looks pretty good, but Larry Stone posted the same idea about 2 years ago if I remember correctly. Maybe exmark got the idea somewhere else?:confused:

7. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

The ezchute is an operator controlled discharge chute made for exmark walk-behind mowers but NOT by exmark.
    I think I know what dealer you are talking about - he supplied the walkbehind mowers to the company that manufactures the ezchute. I personally know the guy who makes them.

What was the price on the ocdc?

The same company that makes the ezchute also makes stainless steel roller striping kits for exmark walkbehinds and ztrs. The striping kits sell for about $200.

8. John Gamba

from ct

Eric Sit Back In Your seat! You Are getting Like Me. I Think It's Pj's One In the picture.
    I May Be speaking Out to early But Iv'e Got the Pic Of The New OCDC For walk's And It Looks great. Just what the doctor ordered. And It's From the Original Guy.
    Let Me see If i Can release The Pic Yet. ERIC Don't Ask For a Early View I Promised i Would wait.
    Oh Before You Show anybody something Get a Pat #.
    John.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Eric Mower Look's Great I Bet You Can't wait till you get it dirty.
    John.
    Got New's Will have To wait some More BUT WORT IT.

10. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

John-How did you end up with a picture?

Tkr76 – Did the dealer give you a price? Was it available that day?

There is obviously a little confusion about the ezchute. Let me try to clarify a few things I know.

1) The ezchute is an ocdc that fits exmark walk-behind mowers

2) The ezchute is NOT made by quickchute, York or BHB. The ezchute is built by a company in Ohio. How do I know this? Because I helped design it. They used the ocdc I built and posted on lawnsite last year as a model for theirs.

3) The ezchute uses a long control handle, that mounts in the ECS control system to open and close the plate.

4) There are a few dealers in Ohio who have ezchutes on display. They were given these samples in exchange for the use of their walk-behinds for fitting purposes. I didn’t think ezchutes were going to “officially” be available until the end of march. I am not sure what the price was going to be.

5) This company is also making stainless striping rollers for exmark walk-behinds. The last time I asked, they said the ezchutes are ready to go, but the rollers are still in production. They wanted to release both products at the same time – that was the reason for the late march release date.

6) The striping rollers are only available for walk-behinds and zero turn riders with anti-scalp wheels on the back of the mower deck. The striping rollers mount to the anti-scalp wheel brackets. The price of the roller is around $200. The quote I received on the price was “If we can’t sell it for less than $200, we won’t make it”. I later learned this statement means $199.00.

I have some pictures of the ezchute somewhere, but can’t seem to find them right now. I shared the ezchute photos with some other lawnsite members a few months ago. If they still have them they could post them(maybe this is how John ended up with a picture).

I will post any additional information I get.