have a ???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RSK2, Dec 17, 2006.

1. RSK2

RSK2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

hi guys

this is the ?? I was looking at the threads and i see alot of guys asking how much down payment for a landscaping job. If you have a landscaping job for $30,000 for lawn trees ext... that will take 2-3 days to do and you get half down $ 15,000 for the trees lawn ext.... The job will be done with in the week so you will have the money to pay your helper that is working for you.

?? 2 if you have a job that takes 6-7 months to do and the job is
    $ 500,000 and you get half down $ 250,000 for trees mulch lawn ext.... how do you guys pay the guys that are helping you on the job. would you ask for more down payment so you have the money to pay the guys. the down pay ment would be $ 300,000 and the $ 200,000 at the end of the job. just a ??? i had Thanks

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

For larger jobs I like the downpayment, at a minimum, to cover my materials expenses.

3. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

On jobs of 1/2 mil. no company is going to give you $250,000 to possibly never see you again. But as mentioned above, I won't start work without a payment equal to what I have to spend for the first week. Then we get weekly draws on jobs of larger variety. 20, 30K size jobs, our standard is 1/3 down, 1/3 halfway through, balance upon completion and acceptance by owner.

4. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

For jobs that will only take a week or less, I ask for 50% down. For jobs that take longer, I ask for payment in increments as I do the job with the final payment when its done.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry I didn't specify a maximum limit. If you PM me next time and let me know you are going to post I'll clarify it to make it a little clearer for you.:waving:

6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

are you getting the g.c. on that walmart job to front you that much money? if so your the man!

7. RSK2

RSK2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

not that much money yet but i will post what it right now in my post

8. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

Actually.....I wasn't referring to you, or your post. If you would have read the original question posted, it referred to a $500,000.00 job. Let me clarify how this board works for you, see... a person asks a question, then other people answer it for them.

I assure you, I need no clarification on any form of business from someone who has been in this business for 3 days.