1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Have any of you bought any of those startup kits

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cod8825, Feb 21, 2007.

1. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

First I wanted to say Hi!:waving: and state how much I have learned already from everybody on the forum. Being as this is my first post and starting up my business this year after being an employee of another company for five years. I wanted to make sure and get off to the fastest start possible.

My question is is it worth the 40 to 80 dollars to buy one of those start up kits at site like
    and I could make the list go one just wanted everybodies 2 cents
    Thanks in Advance,
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

do a search for LawnCareSuccess on here. theres a lot of people who have gotten it. as for the other, its a dead link. i was thinking about ordering the lawncaresuccess in the spring time . now with this company did you just do work? if you just did the work then id say yes, a start-up kit would be a good idea. but if you have an idea about billing and pricing and everything else its still probably a good idea. Just my .02
  3. cod8825

My bad for typing in the wrong URL
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i dont know about the other one, it looks a little shady. try doing a search on LawnSite for LawnCareSuccess theres been a lot of posts about it.

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

Hey guy i bought the lawncaresuccess and for little you spend it's well worth it.
  6. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I recently purchased it and I think it was worth it just from the stand point of new ideas or inciting new ideas.
  7. cod8825

Thanks all for the input I think I am going to get if nothing else the contract forms I believe will save a great deal on having an attorney look over the forms to make them iron clad.
  8. cl&l c.c. Tx

cl&l c.c. Tx LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure the mowing for money is the one I bought last year. I think I paid about 60 bucks or so for it. Most of the info is everyday common sense (which the older I get the more I realize that common sense is not common at all!!). However, I do think it was a good purchase simply because of the sample contracts it provides. If you have zero experience when it comes to running a business then you will more than likely find this kit well worth the money. If you already have pretty good knowledge of managing a successful operation, then the only reason I would recommend this kit would be for the contracts.
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have Sean's Lawn Care Success. For as little as it cost, yes it is worth it. I actually just used a letter from it to mail out to potential customers.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't seen one yet that I am terribly impressed with....:sleeping: :rolleyes: