1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Have any of you guys ever returned a riding mower after '30 days' to Lowes??

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Wizz, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Wizz

Wizz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Just curious if any of you have ever returned a rider to Lowes after 30 days if you were having problems with the mower? I bought one a couple months ago for around the house and am having some engine issues with it and would rather return it and buy a used commercial ZTR if possible. I know my local Lowes takes just about everything back no matter what the time limit but not sure about mowers. Figure I would ask on here out of curiosity before I ask at my local store tomorrow. Thanks guys.

2. T.Wells

T.Wells LawnSite Member
    from PA

Yes, I returned a Husquvarna ZTR that had a 42" cut. I went with the 50" Cub Cadet RZT. That was also a mistake.

I now mow with an Exmark Lazer Z AS (60" UltraCut). I wish I would have bought the commercial grade machine the first.

-T.Wells

3. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

been ther done that...but it was a hmoe depot

i returned a 'john deere' after 28 days and wnet and got a used ztr for home...

but I think lowes would be the same

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have never bought a mower from lowes. i have returned a rake that snapped in half(the plastic part not the handle)

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

that sounds like it was a pos

6. 36metro

36metro LawnSite Member

I sure wish I would have returned a cub cadet walk behind. Here I thought I was getting a quality machine from Lowes. What a piece of crap. Ran one year and during second season rings went bad. Wouldn't return it. I now own a 36 metro. There is just no comparison to a true commercial machine. Anyone debating it save the extra money and get something that will last a long long time!

7. tractormachanic254

tractormachanic254 LawnSite Member
    from ky

hey from what i've seen and heard lowe's will take anything they sell back and give you a new product without even looking at it or getting a pro who nows look at it to see what the problem is. if you ask me i would take it back and visit a local Husqvarna dealer to get a zero turn mower. i've dealt with the husqvarna name for about 3 yers without one complaint.