Have any of you guys used a little wonder blower?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pittsburgh Panther, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

If so what did you all think of it? Is the 5 or 6 horsepower strong enough? I was thinking about getting the 8 or 10 horsepower model.

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Outstanding, that's using your head !!! I have the 10 hp w/b little wonder. Then I use a pair of Redmax 8000 b.p. blowers. NOW, that's some wind. I set-up the little wonder so that it blows from the center of the yard to where I want, sort of as a "deadman". If you were to hire a company to come in and do it...that's some of the type of equipment that would be brought in. Use your hand-held or backpack to clean the corners out and the flower beds, then the little wonder from there. Good luck....JIM.

3. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

I just bought the 8 horsepower blower today for $800 out the door. I figured it would cost me about 60 to 80 bucks to rent one 2 to 3 times in the fall or I would be spending in excess of $1000 for bagger attachment(which I can't for the mower). I was thinking the samething about using a small blower to blow out the beds.

Thanks again for the reply.

Pitt Panther

4. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Hey do you guys know if there is some type of set up to put a Little Wonder on the front of a w/b similar to JRCO set up with a rider?

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Hey steppenwolf, Giant Vac offers something similar to that, a lot cheaper looking though.

6. Steppenwolf

Thanks MC,
    I checked out the website and they showed it on a rider also. Trying to come up with something for a wb.Might have to come up with an idea or two of my own.Just wanting to save a little labor on some of the larger and those with some hills properties. Really like the blower,does a great job for us.

7. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Start off with this thought: A shoppng Cart. Use the bottom carriage as the frame to hold the blower. Change the little wheels of the cart to some wide swivel wheels. Use the back section of the carriage to weld some "teardrop"-type connection that would slip over the casters to the front casters of the w/b. Now the blower is on a frame that is supported by 4 caster wheels, and should turn in any direction that you wish. Just trying to come up with some stuff off of the top of my head. Wait a little while, and I should have another brainstorm. If I dream it up, and you put it together, we should market it and make a million...ha...ha...ha.

8. Steppenwolf

You dream it up, I'll make it and completely forget your name :D

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The JRCO blower buggy will go right on the front of a walkbehind.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I built one at it makes all the others look like jokes. Patten penting. Wait to you guys see this one. Its mexican proof. (buddy of mine tried it out and his guys couldn't break it)