Have any of you tried these?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried Red Hawk walk behind I have never heard of them before but I saw an ad in turf magazine are they commercial mowers if so are they any good. Because i noticed they have husqvarna mowers in turf magazine and my husqvarna chain saw is crap so I figure the mowers are to.All comments welcome1

2. Dunn's

++++++++++++++++=bump++++++++++++++++++++++==

3. Dunn's

come on Pm or MM I know one of you has heard of these are they just junk or what

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive never heard of them sorry, but I couldnt use it. The cut height doesnt go high enough. I mow most of mine at 5" all the way upon the deck

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno, so long you're comfortable replacing the engine or the transmission if it fails, you should have no problem, likely the parts can be cross- referenced to other machines but you'll need to know which one(s). The peerless tranny is most likely the same Tecumseh brand as every other Wb has, which means it has a model number stamped on it so then that leaves belts and blades and bearings, the tires should be the usual size, fuel filter is easy and the engine's either a B&S or a Kohler so that's easy, too.

The only question I have is, how will you be able to get any warranty repair work done, should something fail during this crucial frame of time?

6. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I have never heard of them. If you want to give them a try. I have talked to people that use Husky ZTR's and were very happy with them. Unles you can find a handful of people that can give you a hands on evaluation of it, go with a brand name. You also want to go with a product that has local distribution, it makes parts easier to find.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I know one guy using a RedHawk 48"....he seems pretty happy with it. Oh and my Husky chainsaw is the bomb.......

D

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I know what you are talking about but I have never used one-- It looks to be a very inexpensive unit with the lighest grade steel used.
    For my money I will always go with units that are built to work and have a reputation.

Equipment used to produce income can not be bought with the price of the unit as a reason for buying.

9. Dunn's

10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Over Redhawk--- YES