have any Pics of your ZTR lift rig?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hustlin, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Hustlin

Hustlin LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about changing the blades on my Hustler super mini z my self. I'm thinking about mounting three 2X6s from a tree and using a winch or pully. Do any of you have pictures of your rigs that you made?
  2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Toro's...they come with the EZ Stand. If they did not I would just use some small car ramps or run one front wheel up on your gate. Or better yet buy a front lift for your mower. Many to choose from.
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Why go to all that trouble. Don't you have a hydraulic floor jack and some stands?
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, 3 ton floor jack.
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an aluminum racing jack, works like a champ, it was $110 at Northern's store in Houston, and it picks up my pick up, just as well....LOL
  6. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

3 1/2 ton floor jack is all you need.
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got a jungle jack. It goes in the pile of tools that are marked best money ever spent. I love it. It is a must have tool if you own a stander. I used it on all my equipment when working on them or changing blades.
  8. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

buy a engine hoist for $150 and use it for many things
  9. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I just drive up on my gate with half the mower hanging off and lay on my back..takes a whole 5 minutes to change out 2 blades and then drive it to the other side of the gate and do the other blade..ofcourse that is using an air impact ...probably will get the 18 volt cordless impact so I can change out in the field:)
  10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

has the right idea....