1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Have anyone used????

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawn, May 9, 2007.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Rubber mulch? One of my clients asked for it.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i had someone ladt year ask about it till they heard the price. if i remember right it was like $150 a yard just for the product
  3. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

yes, it can be very expensive, but mi clients wife does not like the smell of bark mulch
  4. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

put down stone...rubber mulch looks awful!

The other two options are composted loam and peat moss, both look very natural, peat moss won't smell as tough!
  5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

It does cost alot and it is not fun to get leaves out of...stick with stone or try hemlock mulch instead of pine bark.
  6. talmo turf

talmo turf LawnSite Member

has anyone used a turf striper for a toro z-master mower and how does it work
  7. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Talmo I think you meant to start a new thread, but my toro z stripes great without a striping kit. Never used the kit but I'm sure it works well if you need to have more defined stripes...
  8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Rubber Mulch? Thats ********!
    Talk them out of it, if his wife can't stand the smell? but she likes the rubber smell? install river stone.
  9. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

What was the final outcome of the situation. One of my clients asked me today to get it for his playground and i'm just wondering if you found any local supplier or distributor for the rubber mulch.
  10. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

Look online for it. The companies that produce it will sell you bags, large and small, and even 'super sacks', 5ft tall pallet sized bags of it. You can benefit as these can be delivered to you of the jobsite, and the customer cannot get the large quantities you can.

Good Luck