1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Have domain, need host and site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tpirobert, Jan 11, 2002.

1. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunate. To the customer, we do the same thing, but are two different bands on a spectrum. I shy away from web design because I'm a perfectionist and I'll spend hours on miniscule things, and simply don't have the time right now. On another note, I will be generating my main revenue off my ISP dial-ups.

There are other venues available to me now. If you'd like, I'm open to discussion privately to benefit both of us. Good luck to you also.
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Im always open for discussions that will benefit myself and the community.
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I've always done my own but that's changing. After seeing Bill's new web site I spoke with Mike about having him redo my site and start hosting. While the hosting service is more than what I'm paying now, he works on the site, is accessable, and very friendly. For the years I've been doing this that is very rare. He "threw together" something for me to look at, here was what he showed me:

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Wow, Great stuff ..

What is Mikes LawnSite.com member name?

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i use namesecure.com to register domain it comes with web and email forwarding then go mto freeservers.com select a site and forward it to domain name works great costs me 15 per year
  6. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I brought this post back up to find out if Chuck and yardboyltd have their hosting up and running? Stating to bang out a site and am looking around some.
  7. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

www.doteasy.com is a great hosting company, I have about 4 domains hosted with them and I have not had a single complaint. They are free but you only get 20mb of storage, so if you have quite a few pictures you can fill that up quick. They don't have phone support or anything like that, just email support but I haven't had a need for that in the past 2 years.

Just my 2 cents.
  8. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Robert, did you get your site up?
  10. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

My "site" is still a work in progress, although I have not worked on it in a few months. I did take a crash course in Dreamweaver, but you got to use it or lose it. When I finally get the site up and running it wil be at tpilandscaperservice.com . A long name for sure, but that's my business name ( on side of truck and enclosed trailer ) so hopefully my customers and others will find it. A shorter road would be to hire out my web site, but I'm just stubborn and stupid enough to ram my head onto cyberspace till I get it right! I need a local Dreamweaver guru/friend to help out. Are you still hiring out your site? I'll have to check it out.