1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Have Exmarks Changed Since 2006?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kubotafan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kubotafan

kubotafan LawnSite Member

We do not have many zero turns in this area but I am shopping for one. I saw a used 2006 Exmark, model number: LAS25KC604

What does this correspond to in the 2011 lineup? What changes have been made in 5 years and are there changes that would make a new model more desireable?

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

They are night and day diffrent, There is literally zero parts on a new lazer that are the same as an old lazer.
  3. cookslandscaping18

cookslandscaping18 LawnSite Member

i demoed a new one that was 52" deck and 27 hp kohler and i would not trade them my mower straight up for it it was horrible. It bogged down in the grass and didnt hold hills any better. The cut is the same no better just not what i was expecting no really inpressed at all
  4. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I have an 08 Lazer with the 27HP kohler on my rider and she don't bog down, thing hauls a** and wheelies by only moving the control 1/4 way. To be honest, the new lazers are ugly!
  5. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Have had both the '07 and the '11 eXmark Lazer's, They are pretty much the same mower. Parts maybe not!!!, overall the older one does a better job cutting than the new one. As for duration the new one has around 200 hrs and has had no problems YET! The old one cut's a hell of alot better!!! WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER EXMARK FOR ANY REASON!!!
  6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a new Lazer to replace a 5 year old Lazer HP. It is completely different. Fewer grease points, integrated pump/wheelmotors, higher seat, single gas tank under the seat, different deck lift setup, $1300 more, bigger tires, faster cutting speed, you name it. I think it is a very big improvement.
  7. kubotafan

kubotafan LawnSite Member

Sometimes I get confused......:confused: :dizzy:

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I own an 08 and an 2011 lazer z both 60 inch cut, i cant tell you with 100% confidence that the 2011 is a better machine, its lighter,better balanced, more compact,more agile, does better on hills,spins the tires less,cuts much better in the wet grass,is faster,has less grease points,scalps less,and everything in between. it is 100%a better mower hands down.
  9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Take a look at Goldpro's stripe pic thread. He knows his exmarks and the pictures speak for themselves. Some of the best stripes I have seen on this site hands down. And I'm a scag fan!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

They are completely different for the better. My 09 has 800 hrs. I have had Kawasaki problems, but the mower is bullet proof.
    Posted via Mobile Device