Have not mowed in 3 weeks...Lawn Photos Summer 2002!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Aug 24, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is a sample of some of the great work we are able to do here. This lawn was very nice in spring....

jankow burn.jpg

2. KirbysLawn

Here is a photo that shows the edge of two lawns. The one with color has been lightly irrigated, treated with Primo Maxx, wetting agents, and eagle. Looks like the treatments might work!

jack burn.jpg

3. KirbysLawn

Here is my lawn, again treated with wetting agents, Primo Maxx, and has good organics. No irrigation. All lawns are tall fescue mowed at 3.75" today.

kirby burn.jpg

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Those are some interesting pics Ray. I feel for you gents.

On the other hand, you don't have any slightly used Hustler Super Z's for sale or trade do you?

I'll bring down 8800 gallons of water for the mower.:D

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in the same boat as you Ray. Some of my weeklys are going on a month without being mowed. Don't you just love how "soft" the ground is and how "smooth" the mowers ride?

LAWNS AND MOWER

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Know how ya feel Ray...ain't any better north of you up here in NJ. I have a couple of lawns I haven't been on since June!!!

7. What wetting agent are you using?

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I kind of found it to be just the opposite. The ground is so hard and compact from lack of moisture you can literally feel every bump. (Unless of course you are being sarcastic, then I feel like an idiot.)

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah Ken, just joking. That's why I put the words soft and smooth in "s. This hard ground causes so much wear and tear on the equipment.

Lawns and Mower

10. KirbysLawn

I used Lesco Wet sprayable. We had a small rain but over the next few days the lawn seemd to respond better than any around it, must have worked.