Have problems getting paid around X-mas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kc2006, Dec 12, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

So is it just my customers or are there others out there that have to wait until the last possible day for their customers to send in payments?

My customers get 15 days to pay up, I sent the bills out a few days early this month but still allow them till Dec 15 to pay. I figured its christmas season, they're going to be blowing money left and right, the 300/400/500 dollar bills for leaf removal are going to be shoved aside until their due date. Customers that had small bills (a few don't get leaves done or had only 2 cuts) have already paid, I'm still waiting for everyone thats over $150.

Oh well, 3 more days :eek:

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Im about to find out, bills SHOULD be comming in any day now, or complaint calls, either one. I'll find out soon enough.

3. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

no problems really at all, if anything I am getting calls asking where is my bill because I took so long to get the final ones out and they came back in like 4 days....I have one bad customer (commercial) who I talk to from time to time and still owes $4k, but should be all set soon

4. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I've got quite a few that do this no matter what time of year it is.

5. eliahwoodcutter

eliahwoodcutter LawnSite Member

i don't have big bills left but the total is about 2k .i start calling them and is so embarrassing.i told them i wold like to get payed before Holiday's.
    what can i do??????!!!!:gunsfirin

6. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Sent out bills Nov. 1st and by Nov 15th (due date) I still had over 10K outstanding, now half way through Dec, I only collected about 3K of that. I hate this time of year!! Repeated calling, chasing money down it sucks. I have x-mas presents, bills, property tax, morgage to pay to. My customers must think I'm made of money or something.

7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Most of my customers are slow From November on.

8. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I always notice as the season winds down my customers start paying later and later. I have around $2000 recievable.

9. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I have experienced this for the last 3 years with my customers. I always pay my bills on time, but something about Christmas and personal property taxes drives me to pay as close to that date as possible so I sort of see where they are coming from. However, we should not be treated as the stepchild of bills when it comes to paying them.

10. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i'm have about 3k owed, some of my bills were slow going out though this last month.