Have the new Ferris mulch kit yet?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering if anyone actually has the 'rumored' new for '05 mulching kit?

I've heard they were finally going to release one this spring.
    But I have talked to anyone that has one yet.....

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I've heard that too but I havn't seen one yet. I'll ask the dealer the next time i'm there.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Thanks Travis, I'd appreciate that.
    You just picked up one of the 3000 series mowers right?

4. Travis Followell

from KY

Yep, sure did. Its a heck of a mower. The only problem that we have had is at about 6 hrs the hydro belt idler arm spring broke and the belts flew off and we had to pull in but it was fixed the next day thanks to a good dealer. It really cuts good and rides good too. Have you ever demoed one?

5. Envy Lawn Service

No, I've never been on the IS3000 series. Only the IS1000 52" which I liked very much. I would have bought it too. But the 200 mile drive to try it made me think twice. I have since regreted my decision.

But anyways, I've hear good things about the IS3000 units and we have a new closer dealer now that I feel pretty comfortable about service wise. So I have been trying to "keep up" with the Ferris mowers for next time around due to the rough and hilly terrain around here.

On a side note to pick on ya.... it don't do much good to have twin belts on the pump drive if they both jump off now does it? Hehehehe.... Glad you have a good dealer there to take care of that for ya and otherwise, the twin belts are a plus for safety, ect.

6. Travis Followell

from KY

Yea, if one breaks there's still one left.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Oh... what are the pump and wheel motor specs on it and does it have a hydro cooling system?

8. Travis Followell

from KY

I Know it has hydro gear pumps but I don't know what size. I'm guessing BDP-10's. I Think it has Parker/Ross motors but i'm not for sure because the book doesn't say. It's got cooling fans on the pumps but no oil cooler. It holds around 8 qts of synthetic.