Have to brag on my new V-10 toy.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Smitty58, May 13, 2005.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I will have to add some pics later ,but I just bought a new truck. It is a 2005 F-350 single wheel 4x4 V-10. This thing is a monster! It has so much more power than the 5.4 V8 ,and for only $600 more sounded like a deal to me. The diesel's are great but I could not see spending another $5000 for it. I'm sure my gas mileage will suck ,but boy is it a blast to drive and I won't have to worry again about pulling whatever up a hill. I'm already looking at a plow to put on it ,I'll bet this baby will really push some snow. OK enough bragging ,I'll post a picture later. Any other V-10 owners out there?

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

OPEC :cry:

The diesel will pull better and have better resale value, plus save you fuel dollars all the way.

$5000 more but also a tax deductible purchase.

Nice truck, anyways, but now days I only buy coalburners. Once you go diesel you never go back.

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

There is a lot of truth to that statement. I know if I ever get out of this business that I will still have a diesel just to drive back and forth to work. They are such a blast to drive once you have them tuned plus exhaust and an intake.

Nothing like blowing a crap load of black exhaust in someones window when you beat there azz with a diesel!!!!

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

My buddy has a F-450 PSD that is a custom tow rig for horse. He loves to smoke these kids in the rice burners. They rev, their engines. And he just lets his idle. The at the next light, the kids are always like whats in that thing. I had to hit my NOS and you still smoked me. All he has a a chip, intake, exhaust, and propane injection.

I plan to do the same thing to the PSD dump truck when I find a used one I like. Make a sleeper rig out of it. They never knew what hit them.

5. QMVA

QMVA LawnSite Member

I'm with you the V10 is a monster. :cool2:

Attached Files:

6. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

QMVA - nice video, what kind of plow do you have on your Ford?

7. QMVA

QMVA LawnSite Member

It's a 8" Hiniker Straight blade. Works great and I haven't had a problem yet knock on wood.

8. bobcatboy

bobcatboy LawnSite Member

you need to drive a 05 v-10. I had a diesel and they dont pull that much better. For the money go with the v-10

9. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say I love my 2002 F350 V10 Crew Cab. I looked at the diesel at the same time before I purchased the V10. You can move a mountain of snow with these monsters. With the Western 8.5 MVP plow on my truck you can pile the snow higher than the cab without abusing the truck. Empty on the highway I have gotten as good as 14.4 mpg, which isn't too bad considering the V8's that my buddies have will not do much more than 1 mpg better, with much less power!