Have toothed bucket, Want toothless for final grading- Options?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Impact-Vector, Apr 9, 2013.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Grab a spare cutting edge and weld a tooth on each corner and a few in the middle, then take off the corresponding teeth on the bucket and slide the edge on the blank shanks and pop the pins back in. Another trick is to make sleeves that fit over the teeth and weld a brace back on the edge that can be bolted to the bucket.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

This is what I would do, seems like a 4 in 1 should be standard equipment.

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Always graded with a tooth bucket. The only time I would ever want a smooth edge is getting dirt off of a hard surface or grass or moving spoils.

I also take an old grader blade and weld too the back of the bucket for back dragging.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Look into a Rezloh edge, Its a great compromise. I have run them for years.

5. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds interesting, got a photo?

6. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

I would look at getting a land plane. Yes it is an another attachments, but it speeds up grade work. Been doing this work for many years, was very very surprised how much this attachment sped up grade work. Scrapes off high spots, carries a little material, breaks up clods, has ripper teeth if needed, and has cutting edge up front to smooth out for the finish. I thought it was a little pricey, I gave 2600 for a 84" deere, but very well worth the money

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

8. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

9. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to try a Rezloh but MAN that is an expensive edge.

10. AWJ Services

from Ga

I would too as well but the teeth on my bucket last about 250 hrs so I would be upset if that edge only lasted that long so I am scared too try it.