Have you ever bought another maintenance business?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by New Leaf Maint, Jan 29, 2011.

1. New Leaf Maint

New Leaf Maint LawnSite Member

I can keep his companies name and I might if it makes sense. I've thought about the fact that I could probably get a lot more clients with that much money for advertising but I don't think that a bank will like the idea of lending me that much money to market the company. But your right and I wish that I could do that much marketing.

I could also do more sales and cold calls but I don't have the time with my current business that I have. I have one crew me and another employee. I'm hoping that if the numbers make sense that with his crew and hire another worker for my crew that they can make enough $ for me to start doing full time sales, customer relations and other management responsibilities. It's just really hard to grow a company when your working in it and I'm hoping that this could solve that problem.

2. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Ok you guys say people leave right? Why is that? Do you tell the customer that someone else owns the company. If your buying out a guy that big why do the customers even neeed to know that he got bought out. Keep the trade name the same and operate two lawn buisnesses, after a few years decide on whether merging the two into one name etc.

3. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Getting a bank loan is not hard when it comes to buying a profitable buisness assuming you got 20 percent down and solid credit. All the bank cares about is that the buisness is profitable. Of course you will most likley have to use equiptment as collatoral. I would just secure a buisness loan to grow your own buisness and advertise the **** out of the market with Radio, Tv, internet etc. The old fashion way is always better. Or tell the seller all the things we have said on here and get him to accept a lower price. Becuase if you lose alot of the accounts your up **** creek and downsizing fast and if your married your wife won't be happy. :help: