have you ever cussed/fought a customer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jun 20, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

no, it hasnt happened to me but there were times it could have. what got me thinking about this thread is a neighbor coming over and complaining and me wanting to stick my size 12 where the sun doesnt shine. anyway, anyone ever lose their cool with a customer or even a customer's neighbor? thanks for replies.
    randy.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

yes -just last week some neighbor started a dispute over me mowing 6 inches on his prop. -what a nimrod! i wanted to deck him -he threatened to sue me for tresspassing!

3. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

No, and hopefully no one has.

Its fine to get upset/mad but we should be professional and not let it get the best of us. If you keep your cool, there shouldn't be any reason that the situation should escalate.

In fact, only problems I've had with customer's neighbors is them wanting me to service their lawn right then and there when I'm already on a busy schedule :D

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

o.k. dad. dont ruin the fun for the rest of us. :laugh:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It hasn't happened in at least a year now, I think I'm past this point somehow, isn't that weird?
    But before that ...
    An actual fight, no.

Physical contact, yes, absolutely.
    Now today I'll walk away first, but keep on coming on to me after I've sent out several strong warnings to the effect of leave me alone, and watch out because I still got game in me. It's weird thou, it's as if they know somehow, they just don't mess with me like that much anymore.

I also find it interesting how, when a neighbor gets funny with me in most any which way, it generally means I'm somehow doing something I'm not 100% with or about, such as working on a low paying yard, or maybe it's a crap lot or something along those lines.

At least in my experience, the more I'm taking it up the bootie, the faster it seems to beckon the comedians to come on.
    I also know that newbie look of 'glee' brings them on, hard to describe but once you see it you know.
    As does the excitement of a new piece of equipment, yup, every single time, so long I am excited I got a new toy while I'm working with it, here they come.
    Must be something about the look on my face, or maybe the thought processes.
    Not all the time, but as a general rule, and just something I noticed.

6. KatKutter

KatKutter LawnSite Member

Had this grumpy old guys once, jump all pver me cause the grass got a little high. It was early spring and had rained for about 3 days straight. So yeah I was a little behind. He calls me up raising hell cause his little dog couldnt get out in the tall grass to whizz (lol). So I just listen to him and said I would take care of that. Next time I mowed I sprayed him a nice 10 foot circle right outside his front door with round up so that if for some reason I was a day late, tha sweet little dog would have a nice bare place to crap. And yeah I had known this guy for years and he was always a jerk, so really I didnt care. Sometimes you just have to vent, cost me a little but it was worth it.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I hate to admitt this but yes I did dog-cuss a custermer in his yard. A couple of the neighbors were out side so I appologized to them, but they both said they thought it was funny. I guess I fixed the problem though,because the water hose has never been left out again. I do not condone[sp] this, but sometimes just because they are in the big house in the big neighborhood does not mean that they are something special to me because I will sure tell them like it or lump it.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Not to there face " or on the phone " But Boy -O- Boy when I get around the corner I really let'em have it...........

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I cuss in conversation a lot with customers, but thats just how I am, and they are the same way. I have never yelled at or cussed out a customer, but have came unglued once on a neighbor to a customer that is a total *****.

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i have lost my cool a few times