Have you ever thought about this ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinchcomb Lawn, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

I currently have two honda push mowers that I used this year and they haven't held up well. I am considering a Wright 32in stander to replace 95% of the push mower jobs. I know it wont totally eliminate the push mower uses but I think it will cut down on most of it and save more time. What do you think ? Your opnion will be greatly appericated!!

SKAGMAN7 LawnSite Member
    from SW OHIO

I have 2 Toro 21's and last season I bought a wright stander 32". I put about 180 hours on the stander and it cut down push time a lot. However, the stander is alot heavier and harder on front yards and tight areas that need to have the direction of mowing alternated regularly with not to many options. It will cause ruts if you are not very careful. I love my stander and am thinking about getting a 48" for this season to add to the fleet. hope this helps. get a demo from a winter show to save a few bucks
  3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

you may be better off with a 32 walk behind
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Have to agree with this ... especially if you need to maneuver in tight spaces !!
  5. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

plus walk behinds are good on hills.
  6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

and ducking under trees
  7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Spoken like someone who doesn't own one. I can maneuver MUCH better with my 52 stander than I can with my 36" Walk behind. Im considering purchasing a small stander to eliminate the wb.
  8. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

i am debating on 32 stander or wb too.
  9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used a stander, but was looking at them at the dealer the other day. They are not much bigger than a wb since the controls lean over the motor, where on a wb they stick out behind the machine and then the operator needs room also. Since they turn like a z I could see them actually being better than a wb in tight areas. But like I said, I dont have any actual experience with one in use so I could be wrong, this is just my observation.
  10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Well yes, you are correct, I don't own one ... however, it doesn't necessarily mean that I haven't used one !!