Have you ever used different colored mulch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by hotwater, Aug 31, 2010.

1. hotwater

hotwater LawnSite Member

I met with a guy today to discuss an install and when mulch came up he said that he wanted red mulch for the front of his house and black for the rear. I've always placed the same color throughout the property, this is a first for me. Anyone ever lay down two different colors like this?

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

red is usually more expensive than black, he probably wants the front red because it will be seen way more than the back. He probably just wants something covering the ground out back. Still why do you care what color it is, your still getting paid to put it down. A customer could ask me to put purple rubber chips in their bed and I would smile and laugh the whole time, I don't care I still get paid the same as black or red.

3. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: Boy, not me. If anybody wants dyed mulch of any color, and won't take my advice not to use it, I tell them "no, thank you."

4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I try to convince customers to get synthetic mulch. It's nice because you can spray paint it instaed of applyng more!

Also red stains your hands and eerything else!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. bradseabridge

I don't care because my signs are on my trailer, when I do mulch I don't take the trailer so I don't care who sees it. lol.

6. starry night

Yeh, but you have to see it.

7. bradseabridge

haha, I don't care lol.

8. starry night

I can tell that the color you like best is ........ green. :laugh:

9. bradseabridge

Haha :laugh:, that's the only thing that motivates me in the morning. If the job looks good with the tools and stipulations I have been given and I get paid. I could give a SH!T about anything else.

10. starry night

Hey Brad, since this thread seems to have run its course, I can take time for a personal comment. My wife and I took a vacation to near you this summer.
    Charlottesville. I like my home state of Ohio and usually I don't see any other place that appeals to me but I sure liked Virginia. I could see myself living there.