have you put your hands on the new Ferris 32' hydro???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Feb 11, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Our dealers here still can't get a unit to demo here ....other than you Rod (in the big money state of NJ), have any of you who are in the market for a smaller walk behind been able to see this mower yet...demo it??

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Gar

Try your Dealer's Distributor then. My Dealer didn't have one either, but his Distributor did and that's how I got my hands on it.

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

ROd....whaz up with this company??? They have been "hawking" this thing since late last year. Both my dealers are not happy that they have people who want to look at the darn thing(and like right now) and they cant get their hands on even a loaner, demo?? Based on no facts, other than that I'm spoiled by Exmark service, I have a some reservation about buying this brand...although i know you and others have been very satifisfied with their product. The rap on Ferris, from what little I;ve been able to find out is, they dont have the behind the scenes support in different areas....well so far, at least with my experiences, they are living up to that reputation....yes I do get perturbed when a company goes marketing something and then cant produce it....doesn't leave a good first impression about their operations

4. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

Good morning from the deep freeze in Ontario...Minus 26 ceclius this morning. Brrr
    Anyway...my local dealer saw the 32'' ferris at a trade show in Toronto last week, he said it looks like a good machine. Not sure if he can get one right away, but he was going to check it out for me. It looks to me like a sturdy machine, and i think the 32'' deck would be a good size for smaller properties, but i wonder if wider deck would be available if required? Or would a wider deck require more horsepower? Just a thought...

THis is my first post...

Dave

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

hey dave...did he see it at the Walker Equipment display?

Walker's had one all winter, but it was behind a dozen mowers i couldn't be bothered to wait to try it out.

they've been pushing it for at least a year. i'll stick to the 36", not many gates it won't fit thru. in fact, it fits thru many that we can't be bothered to use it on. just run 21"in and out.

opinions on this mower can be found thru a search.

6. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

If it is really 37" wide as I have seen reported in prior posts, why not just use a 36"?

Everything sounded good about the machine until I heard the width. My 32" Encore belt drive is just slightly over 32" wide, so I can fit through the narrow gates. That is the object of the small mower, right?

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its your looking at the wrong color red. :D

8. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

Go Leafs Go!
    Bubble boy,
    I'm not sure where he saw it , but i am going over to see him this morning and i will find out.

DAve

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

now you've gone and angered rodfather:eek: :p

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know what to tell ya, Gar. Worse comes to worse, drive over here and take a look at it for yourself at the distributor. Shoot, I'll even buy you lunch:D