Have you seen this body? Vanscaper

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mrusk, Feb 14, 2004.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I been reading about the advantages of cab overs for awhile. I read several post on ramps. And it seemed like you would need to build long ramps to get a ztr in the back of the truck. Or you could weld a dove tail up, but that just made the truck 2 feet longer. Then i discovered this body.
    http://www.supremeind.com/service/vanscaper/images/Vnscpr_fullwidth_bvrtl_lg.jpg

When i buy my cab over, i am going with that body.

matt

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

looks good to me!

3. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

My dream lawn service truck. Maybe in a few years with lots of hard work?

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

ok, stupid question coming up. Those of you who are irritated with idiots please stop reading. lol.

(Understand i am NOT a welder or anything) Couldnt you cut the last two feet of a box van and just re-weld it on at an angle for a dove tail? I mean, i know you will have to adjust the door a bit and fill in a little bit of the sides. Say a four inch drop? Then you can make one solid ramp like this one pictured above. Just curious.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Acute Cut, that's what I did to mine. I cut it off just behind the fender steps and dropped it about 5" . I built a trailer hitch into it while I was at it. I didn't have to do anything with the door as it was long enough to go the extra 5"