1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Have you seen this!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Joshuakwhit, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Very interesting.
  3. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

What do you do if your like 6'-6"?? That guy has to bend over to reach that thing and he is struggling to reach 6' with his boots on. Nice concept, but needs a handle extension for those of us that are a little taller. I would have to look at it in person though to really evaluate it.
  4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Who needs fert-n-squirt, I'm going in to the Aeration Business :clapping: :hammerhead:
  5. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

I never knew aerating to be so easy!
  6. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry but that is old technology. There are better aerators out there now.
  7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

They want $1600 for a $400 coupon, and a DVD telling you how to start an aeration business?
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

1. Around here aerations are done in about a ONE month window in the fall. Unless you are doing sports turf/golf courses there's no money 11 months out of the year in aerations. Of course you aren't doing any of the big jobs with a walk behind machine.

2. I'm lost? Are they selling you the turfco aerator and then you get a bunch of dvd's and sales stuff with it? I can pick up or print off FREE brochures about the positives for aeration. When it comes to sales, you either got it or you don't. People that are naturally NOT good sales people, and get these books that teach them always sound as phony as baloney reading from a script.

3. I've never seen the Turfco machine in operation, only the brochures I get a few times a year from them. wow. You are right, you must be under about 5'10" to run that stand on one. That thing would KILL my back. And how he turned it when on that little strip between those driveways... yikes, it would take all day to do a lawn if you turned like that every time.

That's it for me. I guess I felt like bashing someone.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...I got wore out just watching that guy....I'm going to take a nap!

Actually...this is just another marketing program - like so many others out there. Everyone is jusping onto the lawn care/maintenance bandwagon, and some people see a bigger picture...These are the guys that try to sell this stuff (and some do). From the start of Phil Nielson (lol), to Gopherhaul, to RealGreen systems, to this, and the list goes on and on. There are more books, manuals, cd's, instructional video, and marketing programs out there now, than you can count. The ones that get me are the ones like this...The guys that are marketing an actual marketing PROGRAM. Just like all the other industries that market their "how to sell "this or that" programs.
  10. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

YES! Change my life. I've always wanted to be a millionaire.

Seriously, It probably costs this guy next to nothing for this site. If one ignorant person a year sends him a check he's in the black.