have you started a lawn care business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenerSolution, Nov 8, 2012.

1. GreenerSolution

GreenerSolution LawnSite Member
    from PA

Has anyone started a strictly lawn care business, not maintenance? I'm just wondering what kind of expectations to have, being as this is more of specialty niche. I'm not interested in the mowing and trimming and what not. I think that's a more rounded beast that I'm not so willing or desire to tackle.

How was the start up process?

How fast did you grow?

Challenges/ joys?

Thanks ahead for your responses, any input helps

2. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

Not quite understanding your question. Lawn care is lawn maintenance. Are you talking about landscaping?

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

many people consider the "Lawn Care" description to be fert, pesticide programs, aerations, sometimes seeding.

If that is what you are talking about, then yes. There are many successful companies that do strictly lawn care. There is a fert forum on lawnsite.

4. GreenerSolution

from PA

yeah, i did originally post this in the fertilization, weed, etc. section. i think the administrator moved it on me because of my title. I was hoping to get stories from people who just did applications.

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

i started with just fert, I grew it quick by subbing for landscapers. I then decided to move into other specialties such as irrigation and lighting. So I brought in another applicator who did apps and fert sales, he was able to concentrate on that while I led the company in the other direction. We do not do any maintenance

6. GreenerSolution

from PA

what part of N.E. are you in?