Have you started spraying yet?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cdavis850, Jan 6, 2012.

1. fireman1173005

fireman1173005 LawnSite Member

It's been in the 60's for a week or so almost every day in Oklahoma. Hardly getting below freezing at night.
  2. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

not only that its better to start your round early depending how many you do , 6 or 7 , last year if you sprayed by mid feb you where already late.....thats coming from the OSU teacher...as crab grass came almost a month early this past year.....so i would target 3 week of this month
  3. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We are arranging our routes. We plan on starting our weed control routes around the first of February. Our yards look good but have several new ones that need work. The weather has been unseasonably warm so we are seeing some weeds in yards
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Winter weeds? Go for it. Any way you can get ahead of the competition and make your customer's lawns look good--go for it.

Sure use radio ads.
  5. Severin Mowing

Severin Mowing LawnSite Member
    from Enid

I will be staring to spray at the End of Feburary. It is better to wait closer to spring because if you spray to early and it keeps freezing the weeds will just come back.
  6. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

I'm planning on starting around Febuary 10th. One of my competitors/friends started last week and I've had several calls since my customers have seen him out spraying.
  7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I was going to hold of till the mid of Feb, but it looks like I need to be out there now.
  8. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

We started yesterday!
  9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I sprayed my sister's lawn last week (Phoenix). Clover, dandelions, prickly lettuce, chickweed, etc. Then sprayed Roundup in rock areas for grassy weeds like bermuda & poa. Most weeds were "young ones", but there were a few left over from last year.

We offer 5 "regular" apps here (I-80/I-35). We normally start spraying weeds in late April. I can see selling 6, 7, 8 ,9 10, 11 app's in southern & tropical locations. Yet in the Midwest, selling more than 5 is a ripoff. IMO
  10. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

We r starting first rounds Mon Jan 30th. Have about 200 to spray for so gotta get after it.