Have you Started yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Apr 1, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I did my first Spring Cleanup of the season after School today, it felt great to be back to landscaping after a long winter!!! I will do the rest of my cleanups next week and the following week. So, how about you guys in the Northeast, have you started yet?

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

nope, still some snow here. Tomorrow we are supposed to get serious heavey rain, so things will be a muddy mess.

3. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Wednesday and Thursday did cleanups, and mowed 6 accounts today. More mowing will come Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday next week. More cleanups on Monday and Wednesday. Weather permitting, of course.

4. ToroLover

ToroLover LawnSite Member

We started on Monday with some cleanups, if the weather holds out this weekend we will start cutting next week.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We started the week of the 21st...3 guys for 3 days until the weather got crappy. We also managed to get in 4 days this week as well. Good thing, monsoons are gonna hit us again this weekend with like another 3" of rain we are supposed to get...damn.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2nd to 3rd week of march here not all of them but some.

7. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

started tuesday and I am about half way done but I have a lot of installs and mulch jobs that are keeping me booked to the end of the month

8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Today, and my back is killing me!!!!! but it did feel good to get out there.

9. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

I am still dealing with up to 12" of snow and large snow banks. I had to move some snow banks for one client because they had over a foot of water backed up in their front yard. Under the snow there is still 4 to 6" of frost. Where there isn't frost there is mud which will not be helped by the supposed 3" of rain we are supposed to get tomorrow. I just picked up 40000 flyers which I will be inserting in local papers over the next few weeks.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

We started weekly mowing 4 weeks ago kid.