Have you tried FLUID FILM?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Dano50, Jun 7, 2011.

Have you tried FLUID FILM?

Poll closed Jul 7, 2011.
  1. Yes, and I now use it all the time for all kinds of applications. Best stuff on the market.

9 vote(s)
  2. Yes, but I use it sparingly for specific applications along with other products.

10 vote(s)
  3. Yes, but it's still sitting on the shelf. Thanks for the reminder.

2 vote(s)
  4. Yes, and I didn't think it was all that good.

4 vote(s)
  5. What the heck is FLUID FILM?

10 vote(s)
  1. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

We've been shipping out free FLUID FILM samples on Lawnsite for several years and would like to determine how many current Lawnsite members have tried it. If you haven't, PM me for a free sample can. Must be a US Resident.
  2. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I use it all the time, what I haven't used is a FF ball cap.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

no matter how much i put on my mower deck i get the same amount of buildup. i do use it on hedge trimmer blades and other things that need a little lubrication
  4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

The main function of Fluid Film is to stop or prevent corrosion. It also an excellent lubricant because it doesn't dry out or get tacky.
  5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

In the past two weeks I have used Fluid Film under a mower deck where clippings were sticking, on hitch pin clips on my trailer, and on the underside of my Edgit. It helps the Edgit roll easier when edging. I also use Fluid Film to clean the build up off the top of my fuel cap/gauges so I can read the fuel gauges.

I wore my Fluid Film shirt to my grandsons little league baseball game this evening. It didn't help. His team lost.
  6. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I got a sample can of FF in the mail. I used it a few times and gave it to a neighbor after buying a large can. A few other neighbors have bought it as well.

I cleaned off my battery terminals and put a coating of FF on it. Nothing worse than to see corroded battery terminals
  7. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

wonder if it'd work for trailer connections.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

uhhhh yeah...I've used it a time or two! :laugh::clapping:
  9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I use it on the hedge trimmers, hand tools and linkages. I recently started using it on chainsaw blades and bars. Makes tools self cleaning. 100% nontoxic to any plant I have used it near.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I have used it since you sent me a free can a few years back, I am not a FF loon but I do use it and believe it is a high quality product.