1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Have you used the program?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by drsogr, Feb 4, 2007.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I am back into the business world now...as many of you may or may not know. Anyway I was sent on a 2 day training session for Microsoft Project. I was just curious if anybody has ever used the program for the business needs? I came away really impressed with the program. Its a great program for scheduling your normal work loads (everyday lawn maintenance guys). Or for scheduling out your big landscape projects.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Before working in the landscape field I was an engineer. I ran project on the big research projects where there were multiple vendors, suppliers, etc. Its a GREAT scheduling tool and you can link tasks so that as one starts to lag or overrun you can see how the overall project will be delayed...if at all.

However, I have yet to use it for my landscape jobs just because I've never been on a job more than a week or two...one job was three weeks but that was due to inclement weather. However, if your business is running multiple crews and utilizing a few suppliers, etc. its a great tool.

IMO, its fairly easy to work with.