Have you worked barefooted?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by seven-up, May 23, 2005.

1. seven-up

seven-up LawnSite Member
    from la

Just was wondering if anyone else has done this? I do it from time to time on lush yards. Today, I did it for the first time this year, was finishing up weedeating the lady's yard and totally forgot that she had a sweet gum tree. Ever stepped on a gum ball? Or several at one time?

Needless to say............ OUCH.

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Ever accidently hit your foot with the trimmer while trimming? That'll teach ya a lesson.
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Not a good idea,snakes,glass,sharp objects.Wear good footwear whenever you work whereever you work
    ya dummie.
  4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I wouldn't do it. No more than i would take my shirt off or my pants for that matter. Just ain't safe. Why risk it? Your not on holiday here...this is supposed to be a professional lawn service industry we're portraying isn't it? ;)
  5. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Ever walk barefoot in you own yard after it's freshly mulched. Know how green your feet end up and how hard it is to get them ungreen.
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Barefoot while working in this industry?

Not a real good idea in my opinion, but of course as usual, others may disagree.................
  7. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That so.... red neck! an not to mention ....pro lookin . No i've never done that!
  8. ToroLover

ToroLover LawnSite Member

Never have worked barefoot...and don't plan on it either!
  9. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

;) why???????????????????
  10. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

NOPE never ever will I LOVE my 10 toes to much. I like the fact that all 10 of them are covered in steal also.